1. Elkatib Hospital is considered to be one of the best Critical Care units in the country. Our intensive care unit bedded with 30 served beds working 24 hours 7 days a week supported with highly qualified team of physicians and nurses with the most recent & advanced equipment as mechanical ventilators , central and bed side monitors assuring continuous monitoring of admitted patients around the clock.
2. ICU patients are treated under continuous supervision of consultants & physicians starting from admission till transfer or discharge.
3. We,Elkatib hospital, took into consideration to design the unit in a unique model to facilitate patients , doctors , nurses and visitors flow.
4.The intensive care department is one of the key pillars of ElKatib Hospital. This department encompasses two main units, the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) and the Medical Intensive Care Units (MICU).
5. SICU hosts major surgical patients and major vascular, general and urological surgeries together with major surgeries. This unit also admits patients with major head trauma or multiple traumas.
6. MICU patients are those with system failures or impairment such as liver cell failure, renal failure and respiratory failure.
7. The ICU team sole concern is for their patients health and well being. Both units have full monitoring capabilities including monitoring of cardiac output, as well as state of the art mechanical ventilation, hemodialysis and infection control practices.